STCCI is a registered independent business association affiliated to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)-Ghana, serving and promoting the commercial and industrial interests of small and large companies in Ghana.
The Association is made up of registered enterprises and companies within the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis, the Western Region and beyond.
To promote and protect businesses for the enhancement of socio-economic development
To be Ghana’s most influential Private Sector Association, providing maximum value to its members and the business community of the Western Region.
To see to the promotion of Sekondi-Takoradi,the Western Region and Ghana as a whole,for the enhancement of socio-economic development.
- Celebration of achievement
- Equal responsibility
- Quality Services
Professionalism and integrity, united in the delivery of value of services and benefits.
STCCI seeks, in collaboration with its affiliates and partners, to provide the following services for its members and the general business community:
- Provision of Mediation and Arbitration services for the business community in Ghana. As a result,an Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre has been established to mediate in business related disputes in the Western Region. In partnership with ICC-Ghana, the centre will incorporate Arbitration services as soon as the training of Arbitrators are done.
- Provision of structured Business Sector Advocacy to enhance and promote policies and programmes geared towards the amelioration of challenges that confront business in the Western Region in the areas of infrastructure, promotion of quality standards etc. In this regard, STCCI has been in the forefront in advocating for the Local Content and Participation of local Businesses in the extractive industry, improved business conditions at the Ports and Harbours of Ghana.
- Provision of Business-to-Business networking, Trade facilitation and Missions to promote cross-border trade and investment and in an open global economy to foster job creation, sustainable development and improved living standards,
- Enabling the participation of local businesses in the extractive sectors of the economy by eliminating some of the entry barriers for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- STCCI has launched an international Conference dubbed ‘Ghana Extractive Industry Safety Conference. GEISCon focuses on Health, Safety and Environment by identifying new trends, standards, innovations, risks and opportunities in health and safety in the extractive industry.
- STCCI has set up a basic HSE Learning Centre, which is to address some of HSE related concerns of SMEs participating in the extractive industry. All these projects are being done in partnership with the Trinidad and Tobago Energy Chamber and the Houston Area Safety Council.